Tips and Tricks for Walt Disney World Vacations
The final countdown is here!!! 10 Days to go!!! Here are a few Tips & Tricks to use while you are on vacation.
Tips and Tricks
- Genie+: Read our article here on the new Genie and Genie+ experiences, if you have any questions, please let your Mousing Around Travel Agent know, and they can talk you through the process.
- Airport Transportation: Disney's Magical Express is no longer running. Our recommended service of choice is Uber (for private family transporatation or MearsConnect Transportation (bus transportation). MearsConnect can be booked using the above link if you choose to use that option.
- MagicBands: If you do not have Magic Bands, be sure to visit the front desk upon checkin to get your Key to the World card. This card will have your park tickets linked, and act as a room key while you are on vacation, you can even use it to charge items/food throughout the parks, just like you would with a Magic Band.
- MagicMobile: If you do not have MagicBands, an even easier option is to use the MobileMagic option in your MyDisneyExperience app. With this app you can unlock your door, scan tickets to the park, and many more activities.
- To use MagicMobile open your MyDisneyExperience App on your phone
- Click on the 3 horizontal lines in the lower right corner of the app
- Select the Disney MagicMobile tile
- Select eligible guests
- Add passes to phone wallet
- MyDisneyExperience: If you haven't already, please get familiar with the My Disney Experience app, this is how you will do mobile ordering for food, see any charges you have made to your room, and add/change any dining reservations you have. Be sure to read our blog on using Genie and Genie+
- Mobile Ordering: Sometimes there can be a wait for mobile ordering. We recomend to log in an hour before you think you might like to stop for a break to place your order. This will give extra time just in case ordering is backed up. Also, hit the "I am here button" around 15 minutes before you arrive, this will give them more time to prep your food order, and less time for your hungry family waiting for food.
- Note: If you are thinking you might like to order from Woody's Lunch Box, the highly popular quick service location in Toy Story Land, do that as soon as you arrive in the parks (even if you are thining of eating there for lunch or dinner) You can pick your arrival time, and this location typically fills up first thing in the morning for the entire day.
- Guardians of the Galaxy(Epcot) & TRON (Magic Kingdom) Return Time: If you are visiting Epcot and you want to ride the new Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind ride or Magic Kingdom and want to ride TRON, you will need to get VirtualQueue access. On the morning of your visit to Epcot, at exactly 7:00 AM is when you can get this access. See below for steps to get your VirtualQueue access. Note: if you miss the VirtualQueue, you can also purchase an Individual Lightning Lane for this attraction.
- Open MyDisneyExperince before 7:00 AM on day of park entry
- Look at your home page, and scroll down to then option for Walt Disney World VirtualQueue
- Click the option to Join Virtual Queue
- Pre-Select your traveling Party
- At exactly 7:00 AM start refreshing the page, and join the queue.
- If you miss the 7:00 am Queue, you can also try again at 1:00 PM.
- Early theme Park Entry: All Parks are opening 30 minutes early for resort guests. This is a great opportunity to get in the parks early, and get in line for some of those popular rides, or even get some wonderful empty park pictures!
- Late Park Hours: If you are a deluxe resort guests then you are eligible to participate in later park hours. This is typically a 2-hour window that the park stays open after close, and only deluxe resort guests can participate. Check the MyDisneyExperience app to find out which park has late hours daily.
- Park transportation in the mornings: During busy times there may be longer waits on the busses/boats/skyliner. If you are wanting to get into the parks early, plan to arrive to transportation stations early as well. This way your day will not be delayed waiting during peak times.
- Help During your Vacation: Should you run into an issue with your room or tickets during your vacation, our options to help you become limited once you check in and the resort takes over your reservation.
- RESORT HELP: Best option for help with your resort is to talk to the front desk people. If you call from your room, you will get connected to a phone service vs the front desk, and their options are typically slower. Calling still works, but if you need immediate assistance, walking to front desk is best.
- TICKETS HELP: If you are already at/in the parks and need help with your tickets, you can do this at Guest Services in the front of the parks, or within the park if you find any cast member under a Blue Umbrella, they will be able to assist with tickets or even Genie+ questions.
Helpful Items to Pack
- Water Bottle (there are filling stations around the parks)
- Ponchos and Umbrella (afternoon showers are common in Orlando)
- Blister Bandaids, just in case you end up with a blister. You can also get these at any First Aid station if you forget. Blister Block also helps from getting blisters.
- Change of shoes just in case one set gets wet
- Beware of wearing new shoes, you will be doing a lot of walking in the parks.
- A sweater. This may seem crazy, but even in the hottest temps outside, the A/C inside can get cool, it is nice to have a light sweater
- Extra phone battery packs. With Genie+ you end up using lots of extra battery life, and it's great to have something to get an extra charge.
- Quick dry clothing for sweaty summer days
Finally, we reccomend you check out the Know Before You Go website for any last minute changes or understanding of Walt Disney World policies.
We have been so excited to help you along this journey. Please note we are here to help you, should you need it while you travel. Please do not hesitate to reach out to your Mousing Around Travel Agent with questions.